Thursday, May 28, 2015

He Is

It's so early. My eyes don't seem to want to open and I can't get the coffee in fast enough. The kids are out of school and I can feel summer. Lazy days and lots of playing and laughing with the kids. I should be sleeping in but I need this time. The moments in the quite to talk with God and share my thoughts, my worries, fears, excitement. I sit in my favorite chair with my Bible open and my head lifted toward heaven. I sit and breath in the presence of the Holy Spirit and let it refresh my soul. I wonder what the day will bring and as I open my eyes and look to the right I see a cross. A cross made of wood that is simply the framework to the front door window. It is so much more than that this morning, its a promise. A promise that He is here and He is enough. The sun beams through  the soft glow of dawn that proclaim its a new day. A new day for Him to be all I need. He is enough for today and everyday. The sun illuminates the cross and my heart swells and sings "Christ is Enough for Me."

A beautiful reminder that no matter what comes my way today He is enough. If trouble comes, He is still enough. If the kids run around wild, He is enough. If my friends call or don't call, He is enough. If I finish all I set out to accomplish or I don't, He is enough. If my world falls apart around me, He is enough. If my day is perfect and the best I have had ever, He is enough. Jesus gave me the breath in my lungs, the hairs on my head, my days that have been planned out before time began, and he gave me grace and it is enough.

As I sit in God's presence and smile as I look at that beautiful cross in my home, that reminder that he loves me so sweetly and tenderly, all I can think is "Lord you are enough, all I need, all I need and you are enough. Thank you for your grace. Grace that gives me hope, gives me greater faith and gives me salvation!" The cross is grace. Unearned favor with God. Love that I can not imagine. A love for me and you that lead him down a dirty road with thorns on his brow, cross on His back to be crucified for me. Grace that I can not fathom with my human mind. Why? Why would he love me enough? This ugly souled, sinful girl who only wanted to please herself and didn't care about herself or anyone for that matter. Why? Why would he break His body for this broken girl? Because He Loves me. He loves you. Loves us enough to be enough. Loves us enough to show grace when we did not deserve it. We have all sinned and deserve death (Romans 6:23) but Jesus gave his life that we may have life and have it abundantly. The cross is grace. A horrific, beautiful display of grace.

In order for us to be made whole Jesus gave His life on that cross. The cross that reminds us that He is payment for our sins so we may live. We are forgiven because of God's grace. (Ephesians 2:5) Nothing else can save us. There is no other way to forgiveness. Jesus is the only way. (John 14:6) There is nothing we can do to deserve it. No amount of being good. Just Jesus. What an amazing thing that we do not have to have it figured out, we don't have to do good things, we can just come to him. Come in our brokenness and He puts us back together. He is enough. He can do it. He can take every situation and make it beautiful. Grace is our gift. (Ephesians 2:8) We do not earn it. It is a gift. Our salvation is our gift and He is enough. My soul, your soul can find rest in God's grace. Jesus gave His life so we may be free. Free from eternal separation from God, free from the bondage of sin on our life. He is enough.

God's grace saves me everyday. God's grace did not stop at the cross. My eternal life is secure because I put my faith and trust in Christ. Saved. However, it goes so much deeper. He shows me grace all day long. When I might yell at my kids and it is a but much. Forgiveness, grace and power to not do it again. When I lack the faith I need. Forgiveness, grace and power to have more faith than before. When I respond in a way that is anything but Christ like. Forgiveness, grace and power to act more like Him. God's grace is never ending. The cross is enough. He is enough. Jesus died once for all to do away with sin (Hebrews 9:26) and to give us all the grace and power we need to live this life.

When you see the cross what do you see? Do you see God's grace? Do you know that it is enough? Are you like so many of us who have heard about it over and over and it has lost its meaning? Have we looked for more in this world instead of more Jesus? Our world tells us everyday get more, get more. Do you feel as if Jesus would be enough if you could just get to the next stage in life? He would be enough if you could just be financially stable. If you could just get out of school? If you could just get married? Would Jesus be enough then? Truth is He is more than all those things and so many others. When we see the cross as God's grace and live in that He is enough. He is our great reward. What could be better than joy in suffering? Peace when the bank account is empty? Relationship when your alone? Comfort in times of trouble? He is. He is all those things to you and me. He is enough. No matter what is happening in my life I have a relationship with Jesus and that is enough. The cross that reminds me I now have access to God is enough. Why would I want anything else that this corrupt world has to offer? Why would I want those things when the God that spoke this world into being called my name. He calls my name and your name. He loves you and sent His Son to die for us so that we may know Him. He is enough.

When life gets in the way and you lose your way and you can't remember then "Let us approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need" Hebrews 4:16. He is with you, always with you. Call to Him boldly and confidently and hold on to the grace of God. He is enough.  I promise if you dare yourself to believe you will see that Jesus is always enough.

I am praying for you. I may not know you but God does and as I type these words I pray that "Out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you being rooted and established in love may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to the power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. " Ephesians 3:16-21

He is enough believe it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment